Wednesday, December 26, 2012

HOLIDAY: Christmas Festivities!

We had a wonderful Christmas holiday this year! I am kind of glad it's over, but it was wonderful none the less. Charlie's mom was still in town and on Christmas Eve we got all gussied up and went to a family holiday party. Christmas Day was perfectly low-key. We busted out the waffle iron and made waffles with grilled apples and vanilla ice cream then we opened presents. After hanging out in our pjs all day, we made a fancy Christmas dinner of beef tenderloin with blue cheese cream sauce, roasted brussel sprouts with pancetta and a giant potato scallion pancake with sour cream and apple sauce toppings. The holidays were pure perfection and I am sad to be back at work today. We are being hit by a blizzard here in Cleveland so I am so thankful my job affords me the ability to work at home. Brrr, it looks cold out there. Hope you are staying warm!


Man if only this had been a few weeks earlier, it would have made a perfect Christmas card!



My Christmas party look. A little liner and mascara with merry and bright lips. Sephora #44 "Club Scene" A berry red with a little shimmer to it. This is also the longest I've spent styling my hair in a looong time.




The Mamaroo - apparently the mac daddy of baby swings and my mother-in-laws proudest purchase of the year by far.

Beef tenderloin and brussel sprouts from Every Day Occasions
Potato scallion pancake from Tyler Florence via Food & Wine

No comments:

Post a Comment